Did you know that you can use large greens (chard, collards) as a wrap to hold all sorts of yummy fillings. I’m just picky enough that I don’t really like the taste of greens by themselves so I suggest using a recipe that has a little spice or a lot of flavor. Something Mexican, Asian, Indian, Argentinian. Yum.
- Bring a large pot filled with water to a rolling boil.
- Dip each leaf (I did 2 or 3 at a time and was fine) into the water for 1 minute (I … ahem … forgot and did 3 minute a few times and they turned out great still. Don’t really worry about it.)
- Pull out the leafs and lay them on a plate (they’ll be fine in a stack).
- Once they are cool enough to work with cut out the thick middle stalk.
- Fill with your filling
- Fold in the ends that are parallel to the middle stalk, then roll into your burrito- type wrap.
- The best part? This is a great gluten free, grain free way to eat all the yumminess you want!