… and emerged victorious. Seriously, you should have seen the mess I made in my itty bitty tiny kitchen with only 2 working burners that my landlord is suppossed to fix. Someday.
What is freezer cooking? Go see for yourself! I use it as a way to prepare meals that I can pull out the night before and have ready to serve my family (or just myself!) It’s a whole day of cooking, and it’s hours of planning. But (hopefully) it provides good food, quick, on a budget. We’ll see!
- Ignore the frost please. I just defrosted the freezer in August. Obviously it needs it again. This gives you an idea of the amount of food I have right now. All of it is easy to make for dinners, lunches, etc. Here’s what I made yesterday and today:
- Raw chicken covered in homemade jamican jerk seasonings, ready for the oven or the grill (3 servings)
- Kung Pao Chicken, already cooked (3 servings)
- Sloppy Joes, ready to go (3 servings)
- Raw, sausage and veggie soup, ready to throw in the crockpot with some stock (? servings)
- Parmasean Paprika Pork chops (3 servings)
- Chicken Tikka Masala (2 servings)
- Chicken with Lentils (6 single servings – lunches for me!)
- 1 package frozen brown rice (so I can’t complain and say – let’s go out – we don’t have rice made!)
- Costco package of precooked chicken strips to make things like Thai curries, simple salads, etc for my lunches)
- Chili will be in there later – it’s currently in the crockpot.
- Yam soup (I’m thinking just a simple one not the African one I was looking at) will be made tomorrow and popped in the freezer.
The other meals that are on the list for this coming month:
- Baked Sole in Sour cream sauce
- Stuffed Portabella mushrooms
- Roasted Veggie Pasta
- Mac and cheese
- I also have some Bombay Chicken curry and some spiced honey chicken bites to eat that I made at an earlier dated. Hmmm. I think I need to become a little more organized….
Everything will probably be made/eated twice (or more) during the month. I don’t mind leftovers and it allows me to make the food, freeze it and have it in 2 weeks if I want.