This week is another wonderful week to begin anew. Here’s what we got
- green onion – 6 oz
- kale – 14 oz
- snow peas – 9 oz
- kohlrabi – 11 oz
- various lettuce 18 oz
- greens (baby) – 5 oz
- spinach – 18 oz
- beets with greens – 5 oz (7 baby beets)
- parsley – 5 oz
- cilantro 3.5 oz
I’m having a difficult time using the herbs and the lettuce – I’m having lettuce “sandwiches” (wraps – today’s were egg salad and deli meat with pesto mayo) and more salads than you can shake a stick at!
- 1 lb spinach
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 10 oz shredded cheese (I used a mixture of mozzarella and swiss
- 1 can (4 oz) green chilies
- 1 cup salsa, drained slightly (I sat in in the colander for a minute or so)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- butter for sauteing
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 f.
- Over medium heat, melt butter and saute onions and garlic.
- Clean spinach, chop into 1-2 inch pieces, add to the pan once onions and garlic are softened.
- Once spinach is wilted add green chilies and salsa to warm. Remove vegetables from pan. Melt more butter in pan.
- Add cream cheese and milk to the butter, cut the cream cheese into the milk. When cream cheese is mostly melted, add the shredded cheese. Stir until melted. Add lemon juice. add veggies back in.
- Pour ingredients into 2 quart baking dish. Cook for 30 minutes or until hot.